Group & Private
All levels of surfer
Duration: 2 Hours – Ages: Ages 6+
TWO-HOUR GROUP SURF LESSON
Our two-hour, group surf lessons are the ultimate choice for those that are completely new to surfing, still in the beginner stage and want to improve their skills or those who haven’t been out in the water for awhile and need a little refresher course.
The lessons are held at Mangawhai Heads Surf Beach and all groups are kept to small numbers with friendly, qualified and experienced instructors.
Suitable for ages six and up.
- Those who are completely new to surfing.
- Those who are still in the beginner stage and want to improve their skills.
- Those who haven’t been out in the water for awhile and need a little refresher course.
- Suitable for ages six and up.
- Learn to understand and read the wind, waves and beach safety procedures.
- All about your surfboard – how to carry it, how to get into the ocean with it and more.
- How to catch waves – where to put your hand and feet on the board and how to paddle.
- How to get to your feet – mastering popping up on your board (in and out of the water).
Riding along the wave – how to stand, where to point, how to position your body.
- How to turn the board – what movements to make with your feet and body,
- How to accelerate the board to get more speed.
- How to get out the back past all of the waves aka ‘rolling your board’ or ‘duck-diving’
- How to choose the best waves.
- When to start paddling and how to take off.
- Two hours of surf coaching.
- Your surfboard, wetsuit and a rash vest.
What To Bring:
- A towel
Mangawhai Heads Surf Beach
Please note: All groups are kept to small numbers with friendly, qualified and experienced instructors.